Visitors to The Willows are centrally located in Southern Oregon, offering easy access to the plentiful tourist attractions in and around the beautiful Rogue Valley. These include: whitewater rafting, river and lake canoeing, fly and lake fishing, hiking trails, mountain climbing, boating, theater and music festivals, historic western towns, plentiful antique stores, and numerous art galleries.
In Southern Oregon the choices are many…
- Explore… Jacksonville, an authentic gold rush town and a National Historic Landmark, with museums, galleries, antique stores and unusual restaurants.
- Picnic… at the Britt Music Festival, an open-air summer musical event with popular performance artists.
- Celebrate… an Old Fashioned Fourth of July, with food, game and craft booths, and local parades or by watching the valley’s firework displays from your reserved seat on The Willows front lawn.
- Find Adventure… on the Rogue River; fishing, rafting, kayaking, jet-boat excursions, and more.
- Be awed… by the magnificent blue of Crater Lake, one of the world’s most scenic wonders.
- Experience… the world-renowned Oregon Shakespeare Festival mid-February through November.
- Explore…any of the plentiful cycling and hiking trails offered to outdoor enthusiasts. Travel experts praise Southern Oregon for the variety and beauty it offers to all outdoor adventurers.
- Tour… Harry & David facilities and the country store and visit the home of Jackson & Perkins roses.
- Visit…old world food purveyors like the world’s best blue cheese makers at the Rogue Creamery and the authentic stone ground granary operations at The Old Grist Mill.
- Savor… the many new vineyards offering wine-tastings throughout the Rogue Valley and discover why growers are heralding this area as the next Napa Valley.
- Ski… Mt. Ashland, a 7,500 ft peak offering downhill and cross country skiing, snowboarding and night skiing, as well as hiking on the Pacific Crest Trail.
Local touring information, hiking/fishing maps and brochures are available to all guests at The Willows.
For more information on local tours you can visit the following websites: